Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The pay off begins.


I was able to get out to the gardens and for the first time harvest something other than Kale and radishes,although they made it into the basket too.

In previous years we have always had tomatoes,peppers,green beans and the like,in smaller amounts due to it being grown in containers on our patio,but this year I went a little nuts with the planting,and it is starting to look like I'll have plenty to share.

Pictured in the basket are, Kale,cabbage,broccoli,hot banana pepper,zucchini and an assortment of radishes(when planting,took 3-4 packets of different types,mixed them together,and planted).

I just made my first ever batch of kale chips we'll see shortly if those are on the keep list or not.Tomorrow will be fried zucchini,and we'll probably just cut up the broccoli and snack on it with the radishes.the cabbage I am going to take over to my parents and hopefully my Mom will make some cole slaw for all of us to enjoy.

I'm not much into cooked veggies,I much prefer them raw,as straight from the garden as one can get.I will fry some zucchini,and cook veggies here and there,but if they can be enjoyed in the raw form,that's the way I like them best.

So how about you? What's your favorite veggie? How do you best like it prepared?

I've never had a garden this big,but I can already see where I can make improvements for next year,I think I've got just about the right amount of space(5 beds that are each 3 feet wide and 35-40 feet long).

No comments:

Post a Comment